Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer time and the living is easy....

Outside my window I can see swallows swooping and gliding for food and pleasure in a cloudless sky.

In my livingroom and completely unaware of the activity outside, Mini (one of my cats), is at full stretch trying to expose her whole body to the breeze coming from the ceiling fan.

Behind me the small fan in my study is doing its best to cool me down, but it is too small to reach all of me and only my back is cool.

I am aware that I am a northern European and an English one, my greatest desire at this moment is for rain.

I am wearing too many clothes. If I were a man I would take half of them off immediately...

I am learning the pleasure of a mid afternoon nap

I am thinking that tomorrow we should definitely go for a swim.

Tonight I will sleep with open windows and earplugs to soften the sound of guard dogs out there somewhere. I am thankful that my dogs no longer bark most of the night.

I will fall asleep to the sound of night birds and cicadas and wake up with a thirst at 3.30 a.m. This is Greece in midsummer and I am learning to adapt.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment